Last summer before taking Ani 129B I did an animation test about a relatively sad man made relatively happier by a butterfly. After nearing the polishing stage my laptop crashed, and stupid me never backed up my files. I regrettably lost about 90% of my work on the project.
Luckily I had sent one playblast to Stephanie DeGiovanni, who was kind enough to never delete it from her computer. After getting the file from her my laptop crashed again and sadly that was one of the few files I still didn't back up. So now after getting it from her a second time almost a year later I made 10,000 copies of that one playblast, as well as uploaded it online so it's forever on the web.
This is probably the most completed it will ever get. Technically I could start over-- which I may do one day-- or I may just do a shorter iteration of this test. But for now I move forward...with one eye on the save button and the other on the backup files in my external hard drive.
During the month of June, I took part in the 11 Second Club for the first time. I've always wanted to try and enter something into the monthly competition, and with summer just starting and things not being too busy I decided to go for it.
I had never done a dialogue test before, so that was a particular challenge. I also didn't want to pick something too cliche. For the first 2 weeks I was planning on doing something video-game related, but then I decided to go for something more out-of-the-box. It was a very difficult puzzle to solve but it made the animating of it more interesting. It also made the animating a bit more stressful because I only had about a week and a half to do it.
I think if I look back on this test a month from now I'll be somewhat displeased, but for now I am happy with the result, as well as proud of myself for taking on something this challenging.
And after a few days of waiting, the results were posted. Getting 9th out of 190 entries was quite overwhelming, but also quite awesome. =-)